Planning for 2021
Uncertainty lingers as we head into the last months of 2020. We have witnessed scary and sad times but let us focus on the positives. For example, I don’t know about you but for me the pandemic has opened up time! Due to less client work, I have time for planning ahead for my business (something I did not have time for when I opened). During lock down parents were home with there kids and kids were so happy and thriving because of it, we made progress with the environment all over the world! And my friend told me during (sensibly distanced, outside) drinks this week that NICU has half the patients because pregnant women are getting the rest they need. Always find the silver lining!
The newfound time simply means that I’ve had time to find new ways of offering women entrepreneurs more of what you need in 2021.
New just for YOU:
- A New Blog Series – Called Tea Leaf Readings (the name will be explained in the first blog which will be out shortly) to interactively connect and celebrate the Whole Women Entrepreneur on a more personal level because we must take care of ourselves (mind, body, and soul) before we can take care of anyone else (in business)! And it will be open to comments so that you can comment and connect virtually.
- Email Newsletters – When you subscribe (from the popup on the homepage), you stay informed and receive…
- Freebies! – Quick reference lists to move you through what you need to know to help your business run smoothly.
- Courses – An email course is in the works for women that have a business idea but need to know how to plan for it, launch it and grow it.
Most people are in a state of fear over the pandemic not only for health reasons but for their businesses and rightfully so. However, while staying safe and cautious you can find the opportunities during this crisis as well.
The best way to prepare your business is to ask, “What will our customers need most in an extended pandemic OR a recover?” Restaurants are a great example. They had needs that both old and new vendors could supply. During the pandemic they needed plexiglass shields, QR code menus to decrease use of touch menus, an increase in their need for takeout containers, sanitizing solutions, and attention grabbing signs that reminded people that they are open – just to name a few.
Pivot to Profit is a term used by Kelly Roach, The Unstoppable Entrepreneur. If you have not heard her podcast and take on current day circumstances, I highly recommend a listen. UES 535: How to be of Service to the World Amidst Crisis and Chaos. “While everyone is cutting marketing dollars, competition is becoming nonexistent and advertising has never been so affordable.” I can see that this would be true for Google Ads, PPC, and even less effort would be needed for organic SEO efforts as fewer companies compete.
So, what should you be doing during this time of crisis? First and foremost, keep yourself and your loved ones safe and healthy. And, with that being the priority, when business is slow consider taking care of these items with your newfound time.
- Photoshoot – A photoshoot can be done outside and social distanced. I need a photoshoot so bad for my marketing. I have been using stock photography as a placeholder to represent myself when needed but it is time to get that done. How about you?
- Advertising is more affordable now in most areas. Go ahead, research the new affordable cost. Figure out which one is right for your business and if you need a print ad or social media ad designed, I am here for you!
- SEO – with marketing budget cuts across all industries, SEO efforts might take surprisingly less effort to get to #1.
- How is your logo and brand? – Did you go with a cheap option in the beginning and realize you make more money when your brand is stronger and more credible? Hiring a professional designer can make the difference between a 5-figure business or one that could scale to 7.
- How is your website? – Are you experiencing glitches and issues? It could mean your website needs system updates. Is it secured? That can affect your SEO.
J. Lacey Taylor is a digital design and marketing resource for women-owned businesses and JLT is available to help you with all of the above. Call for a free consultation today! Don’t forget to get your freebie, 13 Steps to Successfully Launch & Grow your Business when you go to the homepage and subscribe. And, be sure to like the J. Lacey Taylor business page on Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn to stay informed.